Saturday, July 25, 2009

First Week with Brynna




at least our first full week of having her home. I don't really count last week since we didn't get home until very late Wednesday night. It's been interesting. I didn't manage to get out of the house with Brynna until Thursday morning. We tried to get out Wednesday afternoon, but Brynna decided that that would be a good time to start vomiting all over everything(Baby Bivy, herself, clothes, crib) not once but 3 times. She did the same thing the next afternoon at almost exactly the same time, and her dirty diapers started looking slightly green and no curd-y bits in it. I've started doing things that I used to do with Caleigh and Aidan while feeding them to avoid the issues of reflux(burping often, taking her off during let-down, and feeding multiple times per side to make sure she gets what she needs). We've noticed an improvement already in both her vomiting and diapers. She's starting to smile and make gurgling noises and is sometimes staying awake for longer periods of time. She's also wriggling around in her crib to the point of not being in the same spot where we put her down sometimes.

The kids are really enjoying having their baby sister at home. Although they seem to have taken her coming home as an opportunity to really act up in terms of behaviour and not going to bed properly.

1 comment:

OntarioMom said...

Thanks, Chriss.
She really is a good little baby. Sleeps well, nurses well, just does everything really well. Ok, I'm gonna stop gushing now.