Monday, July 6, 2009

40wks, 2days

I was hoping not to make it to Tuesday's appointment, but right now it kinda looks like I might be going. Today I walked to the grocery store, around it, and back. Then when I got home, I put the groceries away, started a load of laundry and then went for another walk. I ended up going to Michaels over at Pinecrest Mall. I browsed around there for a bit, got some educational stuff for the kids for 1.50 each, then came home. While at Michaels, I ended up being asked by a random stranger when I was due, and when I told her I was 2 days over, she says: "poor dear", talked a bit about how far overdue she went and how doctors were smarter about it these days, asked me if this was my first. When I told her, no, it's my third, she said it was unusual to go over. I just smiled and told her my first 2 were both a week late, so not too weird for me. She wished my luck and left me alone(thank goodness). I was considering telling her that I was, in fact, in labour and that my water could break at any time now just to get her to leave me alone. But that would've been borderline lying, and she might've felt the need to tell staff, which would've caused a scene of some kind, I'm sure.

I've been having some contractions again this evening, but nothing impressive, time-able, or consistent, so probably just more false alarms. Looks like I'll be at least a week over, again.

No comments: