Monday, June 29, 2009

We Have a Plan

So, the appointment was more positive than I thought it would be. I've gone from zero cm to 3-4 in a week, but still "hard and high" as he puts it. I am on the appointment list for his vacation back-up on July 8th with an induction to be scheduled by/through the hospital on the 14th. Either way, unless I have this baby in the next few days, I probably won't have Dr Shabib deliver this one :-(
This is way more progress than when I was pregnant with Aidan. One week post-dates, on the morning I was supposed to have a c/s I was only to 1cm. So, I'm not quite half-way there, but I've already made it much farther. I think I was only 2-3cm before I agreed to an epidural(although my water had broken and I'd been in early labour for almost 12hrs by that point.

When I called my mil to update her on how things went, I think I freaked her out a bit by using my cellphone. I also have a feeling that now that she's said that I'd better not go into labour tomorrow b/c our car will be in the garage that that might be exactly what will happen, Murphy's Law being what it is and all that jazz. That would also mean that the possible movie date that Kevin has alluded to would be scrapped. Darn. I really want to see Public Enemies on the big screen. Oh well, some things just can't be put on hold ;-)

No comments: