It really is strange around here how the days just flow into each other. I spend most of my time indoors because it's either way too hot and sunny in the backyard(which makes it great for drying clothes, but not so great for hanging out in with the kids), or because(these days) there's a whole bunch of rain headed our way imminently. So, makes it kinda boring, and saps the energy from me, but seems to amp it up in the kids to the point where they are insane to deal with. I wish I could just toss them out in the backyard and not worry about it, but that isn't really possible in the middle of a thunderstorm or before 4pm, as they'll either end up looking like drowned rats or boiled lobsters(if I forget to put sunscreen on and make them wear their sun hats), or end up sick to their stomachs from heat exhaustion.
I have to say, I'm greatly looking forward to the start of school in a few short weeks, both will be in all day every day(once we get past the orientation and staggered start days for Aidan), and it'll be quiet around here and I'll be able to get way more done during Brynna's naps because I won't need to try to entertain/police the other two.
No comments:
Post a Comment