Monday, August 16, 2010

Good Monday

So far so good. Kevin and I had a talk last night about ways in which we can improve how things work around the house, helping each other to get things done so that no one is taking too much of the load. I'm going to ask for more help, and he's going to try to give it. In the evenings we're going to divide and conquer, I'll get the hamster out, while he does the dishes and keeps an eye on Brynna. Hopefully this will allow things to get done and allow more free time to relax for both of us.

Kevin also suggested that I do some "training" trips out with all 3 to see how it goes, and expand things as they improve. So today, we needed milk for the kids and some liners for the big green bin. I laid out the plan to Caleigh and Aidan, and let them no, in no uncertain terms, that if they didn't co-operate with me and each other, that we would leave without getting their milk(although we would most certainly get Brynna's milk) or the bin liners. I told them that I would also need their help finding the liners because the store is in the middle of major renovations/reorganization and everything is upside down.

The kids did really well, such a major improvement. It was such a huge surprise and relief. I just hope that the rest of the day goes as smoothly.

No comments: