Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 2

Well, it was super busy this morning getting ready to go. To the point where I kinda forgot to eat breakfast until there was only some time to grab a hard-boiled egg while rushing around getting everybody ready. Yesterday didn't end so well, so we'll see how today goes. I hoping for better since Caleigh served out her no tv/movies for lying about taking a chocolate bar from the fund-raising box from school. She's also paying us back for it by clearing the dishes from the dinner table for 2 nights and crushing the cans for recycling on Wednesday night.

Last night I got some more fruit ready for the dehydrator to make snacks for the kids. On the weekend I did peaches and strawberries, both separately and pureed together for fruit leather. This time I've got raspberries and bananas. Tonight I'm going to try out some grapes, plums, and blackberries, maybe with some more bananas b/c they're on sale for $0.49/lb at the grocery store right now, along with the berries for 2 1/2 pints for $5. This is going to save us money on snacks and fruits, and make the dehydrator pay for itself.

No comments: