and it was a success (once I got over the stress of packing /loading /preparing that I always am afflicted with). Once we got on the road, everything was fine. We had really great visits with Kevin's Grandfather and his parents (who were kind enough to bring Donal out to the farm), Luc and Antonio, and Andrea, Henry and Hazel. Thursday night was exciting/scary b/c we were right in one of the areas with a tornado warning. During dinner the storm started coming in and the power went out a few times, but thankfully came right back on (kids were a little worried that the power would go out and stay off like back in May). A little later, just as I finished nursing Brynna, the strong wind and seemingly horizontal rain hit, making us run for the basement. While we were down there the power did its off/back on thing a couple of times, and there was a lightening strike somewhere very close by.
The road home was another story. Not long after we got on the 401, heavy rain hit(I had to slow down to 40kph to be able to sorta see the road), and then when we got close to the exit for Hill Island, the traffic just stopped. We sat there at an almost stand still for close to an hour. We ended up stopping in Brockville for some food, as we probably wouldn't make it home until late.
All in all, though, a very good trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment