Thursday, July 10, 2008

Scary Night

Ended up at the ER for a few hours last night b/c I passed 2 large clots and soaked a pad in less than an hour. After my labs and an exam showed nothing outwardly wrong(and b/c we live so close), the doc let me go home around 2:30 in the morning, with the promise that I would stop in the radiology dept on the way out to book an u/s for the next day. Had that around 1:30 this afternoon, then had to go back to the ER and wait for the results. There went another 3+ hours. There appears to be a retained fragment(may or may not be). The ER doc said that they could have the on-call OB take care of it, if I'd like. I said I'd like to talk to my regular OB first, so I'm to call them first thing in the morning, and see if he wants to do something right away or just wait and see for a bit, since it's only been about 5 days since the miscarriage happened.

No comments: