Saturday, July 19, 2008

Annual Summer Visit





We decided last night that if the weather was good today, we'd take the kids to Upper Canada Village for our annual visit(we've gone every summer since Caleigh was born). It was so much fun this year, Caleigh wanted to go into buildings, find out what was going on there, and soak everything in. I even got to go into buildings I haven't been in before b/c I was always out with the stroller, or it was too crowded. We saw them making cheese, bread, and wool blankets. The biggest treat was the piglets that were out running around, they were letting the kids pet them. A team of horses being hitched to a coach was a big treat(both kids insisted on watching until they were hitched and gone).

I got to watch a little bit of hand-spinning taking place and saw some of the colours of yarn that were achieved with different natural items from around the farm(onion skins, apple bark, walnut, etc). On the way out, I picked up 2 more skeins of natural colour wool(plus two approx 2oz size skeins)to try more Kool-Aid dying with. They also had some carded wool that I'm going to practise my spinning with.

No comments: