I guess I can't get a break these days. Trip to the ER, now it looks like I have to have a D&C. My ob's office called yesterday to drop the news on me, but when I asked if there was a chance that what was seen in the ER u/s could've been a clot or something else rather than retained products, I was told that was a very good question, and she'd see about getting me an u/s today. She called back, said no luck, but that she'd fax in req's to 4 places, and to call them today to see if there were any cancellation. Only 2 even bothered to take my name and # down, and one I got thisclose to an appointment, only to be told that since the dr faxed the req in without an actual appointment first, that it probably got tossed as a wrong #, which is their "policy" or whatever.
So, it looks like I'll be having a D&C on Tuesday, but when I go to sign the consent on Monday, I'll definitely be asking quite a few ?s and telling them about the "policy" on faxed req's from the one clinic.
No comments:
Post a Comment