This past weekend was so nice. On Saturday, we spent time doing some work out front(Kevin trimmed dead/crowding branches off the maple tree and I weeded the rock garden), then we all went for a walk to the garden centres at Loblaws and Home Depot to see if they had any interesting plants that we might like for in the yard or to plant in the rock garden, and we may remove the rock and just plant spreading plants of different varieties.
On Sunday, Kevin counted collection at church, after lunch I did my first run of Week 2 in C25K and it went great, then after that we all went for a walk along the pathway and down to the little creek to find rocks for the kids to paint to look like bugs. After that, while Kevin was at a town hall meeting at the church, I went crazy pruning the forsythia in the backyard. Now it's not massively huge, and we can see the ferns growing around it, some of which I'm considering transplanting out front because of the shade from the tree. We had dinner with Pat, Peggy, Matt and Jess, which was a really nice way to end the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment