Jess and I got most of the basement cleaned up and organized on Saturday, and I attacked the carpet in the area behind the couch(although I did move the coffee table and the couch towards the t.v. so I could get more space cleaned sooner). The carpet didn't take long to dry, as Aidan and I were down there Monday morning for him to play a bit and me to do a bit of preliminary cleaning in the final corner to be done. By the time we were having dinner I had about 3/4 of the junk sorted and either tossed or in recycling from that corner. I didn't get too much more done yesterday, although I did get the couch and coffee table moved so that I could get a start on cleaning the carpet once I finish sorting stuff. I hope to have it done by the end of the weekend.
This morning on the way to the grocery store, I stopped in Home Depot to check and see if they had any of the LED desk lights that I'd seen on their website, although I wasn't too hopeful because the website indicated that they were back ordered, but that turned out that it was only on the site as the store had at least a dozen of them. I picked up one for each desk even though I wasn't sure how much light they'd give(I think it's just the right amount for the kids). I also checked the price of chalkboard paint, and it's 21.49 for 877mL of paint. I didn't double check on how much area that covers, but I'll be measuring the area we want to paint later on today and see how much we need. It might just be cheaper to get plain acrylic paint and some unsanded grout in the colour of our choice. We would probably be able to cover a lot more area that way too.
Editing to add that one can of chalkboard paint will do a single coat of where I'd like to put it.
Editing again to say that we're going to go the easier/cheaper route and take the offered chalkboard from Kevin's parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment