Sunday, September 28, 2008

It's Been A While

Life has been busy with Caleigh going to school now, so it's been a while since I've updated the blog. School seems to be going well for her with only a few issues of not following the rules with one of her teachers. Oh, and not being able to cut with scissors(which we didn't know was on the list of required skills).

We're slowly getting ready for putting in the fireplace insert(and our mondo mega huge delivery of wood next weekend). Kevin took the measurements yesterday, now all we have to do is transfer those to a drawing or two, make copies and get them in to the City so they can digest them and spit out a building permit.

I've decided that it's time I learned some new tricks. I've put in a request for a copy of a parenting book that I've heard about to see if any of the advice in there might help with my relationship with both Caleigh and Aidan. I hope that it does.

The other new trick that I'm teaching myself is to knit in the Continental style. I just started playing around with it last night, and it seems to be not too bad. Now, if I can just ease up on my tension while knitting this way, I'll be okay.

No comments: