Monday, April 26, 2010

Spring Clean Up


I'm getting started on the spring clean up that needs to be done out in the front yard/garden. This morning I spent time raking all the sticks and such off the front lawn, cutting the old dead feather grass down, trimming up the hydrangea(which, unfortunately, I didn't pay enough attention when I was doing it, and I cut some of the new growth off, maybe even most of it). Next up will be clearing the tiny bit of grass left in one area of the front lawn between the maple tree and the walkway, putting some black earth that we have in the back yard in to help the soil, split up and replant some hostas that need splitting. It doesn't look too bad in this picture, but in person, it's mostly just hard packed, dry as bone, dirt. I'm hoping to turn it into something really pretty that we can be proud of. I've also got some lupin seeds soaking and will get them started inside tomorrow. I'm hoping that on Wednesday, I  can take a look at the garden centre at Loblaws and find a nice flowering shrub of some sort that would look nice out there. I'd also like to try to find something to make a seating area of sorts out there so that we can enjoy the shade that area gets in the afternoons/evenings during the summer.

No comments: