Saturday, May 9, 2009

Rainy Day

Equals cabin-fevered kids, temper tantrums and headaches. Fortunately, it also means that most people took a nap for a good hour or so. Then Kevin took them both out with him in the car to, wait for it, Ikea. He's either very, very brave or completely insane(although he is just going to the returns desk to take back some lightbulbs we bought last weekend that were the wrong wattage).

While everyone was napping, I got in a good hours' worth of spinning practise. I'm getting better, still a bit thick and thin and over spun in some spots, but getting much better with both. I've got the bobbin about as full as I dare fill it, otherwise it's libel to start spilling off the smaller end near the orifice. Pre-drafting really does help, as does splitting the fibre into 4 lengthwise before drafting. Now if I can get the wheel to stop trying to spin counter-clockwise on me, I'll be really happy.

No comments: