I got the maintenance kit from the Ashford dealer yesterday, but working on the wheel had to wait until today as yesterday was quite busy. I also got some synthetic steel wool to buff some of the surface corrosion off of some of the metal parts on the flyer. I changed out the guide hooks for some of the new ones from the kit since they were a little corroded. It looks great, turns beautifully without any clunks, squeaks or squeals now that we've gotten some oil everywhere it was needed.
Now all I have to do is just practise/get used to treadling before I start spinning. Oh, and I picked up a Louet fibre sampler when I picked up the kit, too. 4-1 oz packets of different fibres to try, 2 of which are dyed and match each other quite well(I shouldn't have gotten it, but I couldn't resist them, even though the colours are really bright and not what I would ordinarily go for).
No comments:
Post a Comment