Monday, January 19, 2009

What a way to end the weekend

Sunday morning, I started getting some pain in my lower left back that started to spread to my lower left front that was, at times, so excruciating that I couldn't breathe(even shallow breaths). After taking 2 extra strength tylenols with no relief, we made the call at 2 to go to the ER. The wait to be seen was about 4hrs, but the nurse on the triage desk said it sounded to her like something to do with my kidneys, so she got an iv of fluids and my labs started to try to help out. It took from the time I got in/registered at around 3 until 6:30pm for me to get any pain relief meds(morphine and some gravol for the vomiting due to the intense pain). Turns out she was absolutely right. I've got kidney stones, and the radiologist who did the u/s this morning(after going home from the ER last night with an rx for percocet and tamsulosin) said that the pain yesterday was probably from one passing. The tech also gave me a peak at baby, who was moving around like crazy(which I could start to feel yesterday after the pain was under control). Hopefully I won't have to go through that pain any more. I'll be calling my GP and my OB tomorrow to fill them in(I was going to do that today, but I napped right through until after the time when their offices would've been closed).

No comments: