Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Got Some Veggie Plants
We went this morning to the garden centre at the Loblaws and got a flat of sweet red pepper plants and a flat of tomato plants they call "Ultimate Pink" tomatoes for our veggie garden. Struck out on squash plants though(looking for spaghetti). While looking around, I found some really neat native woodland plants for sale. They had blue cohosh, wild geranium, may apple, and a number of others. I'm thinking about going back and picking up some of those along with some hostas and making a new garden area out where our grass is currently dying. I'll want to get some garden soil to improve the space for the new plants, and maybe some garden wall blocks to enclose the area since we have a few kids and a dog that like to take short cuts to the neighbours' house across our front lawn(not that I have a problem with that, but if I plant stuff, I don't want it getting totally trampled).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment