The kids are home(and that leads to lots of issues), the garden is growing, the patio is slowly coming together, the cherry harvest is in full swing, and we're starting to get ready for both Brynna's second birthday, and the arrival of Lisa, Chris, Brendan and Gavin for their visit.
We need to figure out what sorts of things our visitors would like to see. I was thinking maybe Upper Canada Village, maybe Almonte for the falls and the small-town main street. Or maybe Hogsback for it's falls and the surrounding park and beach area.
I've completed the C25K program, and am continuing to run 5K(actually getting to around 5.3K in 30 minutes), but have to decide whether or not I'll drop to 2 days a week or keep it at 3.
Caleigh and I made it down to Parliament Hill for Canada Day and the visit of Prince William and Catherine, but we didn't manage to see them on anything other than the big screens above the main stage(although I could see the top of her hat and his head), despite the fact that we had an excellent spot, right straight ahead of where they exited the landau. We ended up being blocked by a bunch of military photographers, who stood in just the wrong spot. We did, however, have a GREAT view of the military bands and the RCMP mounted escort for the landau, which exited from in front of Centre Block right past us. We may not have actually gotten to see them, but it was quite the experience, and we can say that we saw them during the first stop on their first official tour as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment