I've been super duper busy since before Christmas. The kids to keep busy during their holidays, prep work for Christmas itself and post holiday decompression. I didn't manage to get everything done that I had wanted to for the holiday season, including knitting people's presents, which I'm still working on, although what I did manage to get done was we.ll received.
Tigger has been doing much better since he had a relapse a couple of days before the vet closed for the holiday. We've had him on hypoallergenic food since then, and he's been doing so much better - no throwing up, less stinky in the litter box, and he's been gaining weight back!! So, it looks like the initial diagnosis of pancreatitis might have been incorrect. He might actually just have a food sensitivity that has gotten worse as he ages.
The kids have been doing well, a few bumps in the road at school, but good. Caleigh had a big test last week on her Word Wall Words from before Christmas, and she got 22 out of 25 right!! However, she's having troubles with her reading. She can read at her level during class time, but during a test, she falls behind. We just need to work on her confidence and get her to take learning risks. Aidan is doing well, he does have a few issues with letting others help, and pushing and arguing to be first in line. We've got things in place, either that we've thought of, or that others have suggested, to try to help both of the kids with these issues.
Brynna has her 18 month appointment next week, and there are some issues that Kevin and I need to work on, but life is relatively good, especially when we keep in mind that there are other people who are worse off than us.
We also have a new hamster(yes, our third :( ), whom we adopted from the Humane Society a week and a half ago. She's very, very friendly, but a bit on the silly side because she keeps plugging the tube up to where she's nesting to the point where she can't/won't dig it out to come down and interact.
No comments:
Post a Comment