Sunday, July 4, 2010

July


Another year has come and gone since Taylor left us. Up until the middle of last week,  I had no idea why I was so cranky/had such little patience with the kids, and then I looked at the calender. I didn't think it would affect me so much after this much time, but it has. Kevin also needed to go away this weekend to attend the burial of his grandmother's ashes in Stanstead, Quebec. He took Aidan with him, so it was just us girls here. I occupied us with getting some supplies to make more soap, finding some sandals for Caleigh to replace the ones I bought last year that she's outgrown and that have broken. We also did some grocery shopping, some fun shopping, and trying to show Caleigh how to knit. I also picked more cherries last night. I was surprised by the amount that was left untouched by the birds. Today I cleaned and pitted 8 cups of them, prepped and gave 4 cups to Ric and Sheila, and used the other 4 in a pie for dessert tonight. While taking the pie out of the oven, I burnt my left index finger pretty badly. It stings, and it also hurts when I get hot water on it.

No comments: