Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Holidays Almost Over



Even though we haven't travelled much(with the exception of a day trip to my parent's place), it's been an exceptionally busy holiday season. The kids have gotten through it without killing each other, or provoking me into killing them(although they've come close a couple of times). Aidan did sustain an injury just this morning inflicted by his sister throwing a piece of ice crusted snow right at his face(he has a cut above his left eye and a bump below it). I got my holiday knitting done right at the last minute(completed the final rounds of a fingerless mitten for one of my brother's girlfriend's girls within the hour of arriving at my parents), which means I forgot to take pictures of them before wrapping them. I had planned on doing regular mittens, but Kevin thought fingerless ones would go over better, so I simply modified the pattern I used for the adult sized ones I gave as Christmas presents to Jess, Julia, and Peggy(fewer stitches, different needle sizes).

The kids cleaned up for Christmas. Caleigh got my old Cabbage Patch doll along with a wooden crib and a high chair that were hand-me-downs from our neighbour; a Fairy Tree House play set(paper doll/furniture set, really neat); an interchangeable watch set; kid oriented knitting needles, some yarn and a very pretty basket for it all; a bowling set to share with her brother; a toothbrush; some slippers and a few other small things. Aidan got a remote control Mustang; a felted polar bear; safety goggles for when he's helping Kevin split wood; The Very Hungry Caterpillar game; a noisy helicopter; and some cars(including a wooden one and some hotwheels). Brynna got a bunch of small baby toys that she loves equally. Bill and Jenn gave the kids a Barbie Power Wheels jeep that Jenn's girls used to play with along with a new battery for it b/c the old one is just about done(my parents will be bringing that up for us in the future since it wouldn't fit in our car).

Now I'm on to my next knitting project: a Swallowtail Lace Shawl for someone special. I've already had to rip out my practice run at it with some spare yarn about 5 times, so it's a good thing I didn't just dive right in with the yarn I purchased for the project yesterday.

No comments: